colleton hall – main
SLEEPS: 12 | BEDROOMS: 6 | BATHROOMS: 6
The house can be rented as Colleton Hall which sleeps 12, or large groups can be comfortably accommodated by incorporating the East Wing, taking the total number of guests up to 18. To see a bit more about the East Wing, click here.
Grade II listed Colleton Hall is a stunning and idyllic luxury escape in the heart of the Devon countryside, and is an ideal venue for family holidays, reunions, special occasions and more.
Colleton Hall nestles comfortably within its own 38 acres of gardens, parkland and private woods affording the opportunity to appreciate nature at its best with wild red deer roaming freely and a variety of birdlife. The lake also attracts a variety of wildlife throughout the year and is ideal for those wanting to try dark water swimming, paddle-boarding, canoeing or rowing (all provided for guest’s own use).
Steeped in history there has been a house standing in this location pre Doomsday however, the main building as it stands today, is believed to date back to the Elizabethan period before Sir James Roupell Colleton purchased the property in 1833 and transformed the hall into its now, mostly Georgian architecture and features. In more recent times, the present owners have completely refurbished Colleton Hall sympathetically revealing its many hidden features and blending harmoniously its original character and charm with modern interiors and touches. The hall for those lucky enough to stay does not disappoint, and offers space and warmth for the ultimate getaway whatever the occasion.
Colleton Hall comfortably accommodates up to twelve guests across six, well- appointed bedrooms, all en-suite. On the ground floor is the main living accommodation, the four grand reception rooms including a grand gothic reception hall are all south facing, overlooking the impressive grounds with doors leading onto the terraces. The large, family kitchen boasts all the tools a budding chef could possibly need with an additional kitchen ideal for catering for large groups. Upstairs on the first floor are the six bedrooms, three king-size rooms, two double rooms and a room with bunk beds, each with en-suite bathroom or shower room. There are terraces from the West Wing bedroom and also the master en-suite overlooking the lake and parkland in the distance.
Outside on the South facing front terrace there is a gas BBQ, seating under the vine and on the spacious terrace in addition to sun loungers and parasols.
At night the borders and lake can be lit to create quite a magical setting while having drinks or dinner on the terrace under the vine.
Colleton Hall is an excellent choice for those wishing to explore what Devon has to offer set between Dartmoor to the south and Exmoor to the north. Rolling countryside, moorlands, valleys and the rugged north coast with its spectacular beaches are all easily accessible.
The location is only a 20 minute drive from the M5, 20 minutes from Tiverton Parkway railway station (trains from London’s Paddington in just over 2 hours) and Exeter Airport 30 mins drive and Bristol Airport 1h 15 mins away.
Please note large groups can be comfortably accommodated by incorporating the East Wing taking the total group up to 18 guests.
- Main hall
- Drawing room with open fireplace and baby grand piano
- Dining room with 18 seater regency dining table, library and log burner
- Grand reception hall with sweeping staircase
- Kitchen with induction Range Master cooker, combi microwave, large larder fridge, dishwasher, wood burner and built-in Bosch coffee machine and smart TV
- Pantry with wine chiller
- Catering kitchen/ utility room with AGA, electric range cooker, dishwsher, larder, fridge, upright freezer & two washing machines
- Games room with quarter size snooker/pool table
- Good size boot-room
- 2 downstairs cloakrooms
There are two staircases leading to:
- Master bedroom with king-size bed, luxury en-suite bathroom, smart TV and access to private terrace
- Bedroom with king-size bed, double size en-suite shower room, smart TV and access to private terrace
- Bedroom with king-size bed, smart TV and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom with double bed, smart TV and en-suite shower-room
- Bedroom with double bed, smart TV and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom with bunk beds and en-suite bathroom